Surrendering the Unknown

It was in the moments right as I began to wake up that I saw a Styrofoam carryout box.  It was closed and I handed it to the Lord, who was sitting on His thrown.  The carryout box was very clear, as well as the knowledge that the contents inside the box were the unknown pieces of my future.  As I came to, and started thinking about this image, I wanted to change the idea of the Styrofoam box to a nicer box, like a treasure chest, knowing that what was inside was very valuable to me, but in staying true to what I saw, I began to realize the depth of it all.  

Our life is fragile. Very fragile.  We become dented and broken easily. And our life in perspective of the entire universe is pretty irrelevant.  Our life serves a purpose, but as it says in the Bible "You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14). After a few generations, we are forgotten. 

Sounds harsh, I know, but this is the point.  It is in the hands of God that our loves take on meaning. Only in His hands are we truly safe.  It is through His eyes that we are given value and seen as valuable.  In His hands is the best possible place we could be--held safe and secure with the full knowledge of our human fragility. 

Giving your life to Jesus isn't always easy.  For some, maybe it is.  Many people claim it. But it is the complete surrender of the contents of our lives, known and unknown, that is the hard part.  

What was inside my carryout box?  What did I hand over to God?  I don't know.  The future is unknown.  So even with all of my desires, I really have no idea what I have signed up for or what I have given up.  Am I willing to sacrifice the unknowns of my future right now?  That is the choice we all have to make.  We decide now and move forward each day with faith and confident trust that God is who He says He is. Blessings may be given.  And some things may be taken away.  The constant is the One holding the box.  The ever present, Abba Father, with hands of compassion and mercy, and eyes expressing His immeasurable unconditional love.  

The meaning of your life is found in the One.  Not in the contents of your box. 

No matter what you face in life, never forget you are His Beloved. 

A small view of the Jewish Cemetery on the Mount of Olives. 
The largest Jewish cemetery in the world, containing over 70,000 graves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy Triumphs Over Judgement

What are you going to live for?

All In or All Out?